Twelve + One: I'm Backkkkkkkkkkk...for a few days anyway.


Sunday, January 08, 2006

I'm Backkkkkkkkkkk...for a few days anyway.

Boo!!..

God, i missed you guys so much you all have no idea...lol. I'm so glad back in civilization where there are tissue papers in toilets, and the bed is actually soft. Bah. So anyway, let me tell you in finite detail, dirt-on-dirt, with first-hand experience from a land they call Sepang.

It all began when the alarm clock rang at 6.30 on the morning of the first day of the month. I woke up, washed my face, etc etc, packed my bag, said goodbye to my dearest lappie and my comfy bed, and headed off to the political center of Malaysia (it's kinda ironic really to be picked up from there, don't you think?), or in other words, Putrajaya. Anyway, when i reached i saw a few buses already lined-up there with hundreds of people crowding around a small table, which seemed to be the epicentre for the pick-up area. And so, i walked to the small table, spoke to the person sitting there and he directed me to THE bus. As i got up the bus, there was this really odd feeling, its like one of those 'what-the-fuck-did-i-get-myself-into?' kinda feeling. It was a really bad time to panic. So all i could do was just sit there and wished that the bus will miracolously breakdown or it would rain like freaking heavily and my camp gets shut down or something. Unfortunately, things like that don't happen. So, i decided to just screw it and actually be fucking sociable and say hi to SOMEONE. I looked around, and wow, none of which i had the guts to talk to. LOL. Then, this chinese girl came to sit in front of me and asked me where i came from, I said Ampang. She gasped and said she was from ampang too. And so we talked a bit more and bitched abit la about 'the-programme-that-must-not-be-named'. So we talked and talked until the bus was getting ready to leave and there wasnt a single chinese guy in the bus!!!!!!..i was like SHIT. And then, out of the blue, *inserts the hallelujah song* one walks right into the bus and sits right behind me. At first i thought that he could be my friend's friend who kena the same camp as me, so i turned back, took some guts and introduced myself. But alas, not that lucky, his name was Yahoo, and he was from Chong Hwa independent, lives in Ampang as well. So the three of us from Ampang started talking alll the way from Putrajaya to the camp (which btw, took abt an hour plus)...but halfway we stopped talking and i feel asleep. Lol.

Then, when i woke up, *inserts the hallelujah song again*, i saw my camp for the very first time. It was so terpencil and looked so shabby, i couldnt believe it. Sigh. Then, i got off the bus, took my stuff and headed off for the 'introduction talk'. Since it was kinda boring, i won't elaborate, because i actually cant remember what was said now. Lol. Anyway, then me and Yahoo went for lunch with an Indian guy who speaks Mandarin and we ate with (i think most of you know) our hands. I couldnt believe that they didnt have forks and spoons (now got la). So after that, we had to register and i was put into Team Alpha while the other friends i met all went to different groups. I was like SHIT. Now i need to know people from my dorm. So as i entered my dorm, there were only 2 people. So i picked the bed nearest to the door (in case any prob, can just run off easier LOL) and introduced myself to them. Their names were Fendi and Jal. (i'll get to them again later)..anyway after that we were free, so me and Yahoo went exploring the whole campus and finished in um, 10mins? (yes, it aint THAT big). Then, we had our tea, and then dinner. First of all, let me just tell you all that we eat 6 times a day, and the food was so Malay i wanna cry.

Anyway, the first night was so BAD. SO BAD. I missed you all and my family so much that i could'nt sleep at ALL. It was THAT BAD. But thankfully, i still had my hp then so msged Mic and Istee and yeah i felt so much better after that. (thank god for handphones). Owh, i forgot to mention about the bathrooms. The bathrooms there are a sweet haven for biologists. There are SO MANYYYYYYYY bugs in all shapes, colors, and sizes in the bathroom that a book called "Bugs found in NS" can be published. Bathing there is also kinda difficult. Apart from having NO hot water, there is NO PROPER LOCKS. And the some of the doors have been broken so bad that there are holes in which people could peep through when you are bathing. I mean, WTF???.

Anyway, the next two days we didnt do much at all. We were still waiting for our uniforms to come. Some of the highlights of the two days were :

1. Had to wake up at 4.30 in the blardy morning to wash my clothes.
2. Had to berkawat at 6.30 in the morning everyday. (at again, at 2 in the afternoon)
3. SHAVED MY HEAD BALD, as you can see below.

*note : the guys are required to shave their heads once every month. I almost died when i saw my hair falling off in big lumps.

Day Four was by far, the best day. In the morning, because it was raining, we went into the canteen, lined up according to our hses and did AEROBIC exercises. It was the first FUN thing. I mean, i almost cried when they played english songs like Brown Eyes by Destiny's Child. I mean that is closest thing to Western civilization that anyone can get in the camp. Then, after that the Alpha team was then splitted into groups of ten when the WIRA (thats the guys) and WIRAWATI (that's the girls) could finally mix for the very first time.

*Note : Wira and Wirawati's have separate dorms, each of which is forbidden for anyone of the opposites sex to enter, and during dinner,lunch,etc the guys and girls are splitted.

Anyway, i ended up in a table with my friend's friend that i mentioned earlier. Turns out he came later and ended up in Alpha with me, but different dorms. Anyway, since it was the first time that the guys could mix with the girls, it was a very meriah experience. I also got to know the girls from my group la, 4 of them are from sabah/sarawak, - one kadazan, one iban, one sungai, and one malay. AND THEN I MET HER. Yes, her. A girl from Methodist College. Of course, i couldnt recognize her at first, but then she asked me if i was from MC and i was so taken aback that someone could speak proper english !!!!!!!!!!!. So anyway, i said yes and turns out, she is two years our senior. Her name is Alia. She use to hang out with Calista and all...if you all remember, good la. Lol. Anyway, that was the happiest moment ever. Lol.

Hmm..what else what else...okok lets talk abt the Character Building classes. It starts at 9.00 every morning and ends at 12.30 with a break in between. The classes are actually fun because we are all separated into small groups and i got chosen as the ketua for the first day and then we played some games to get to know one another. The downside to it was there is this Visual Mapping session in which we each have to make a mind map of things we had done in CB classes the day before. Talk abt being pointless. I mean, honestly. What the heck is the point??

Enough with that, back to the girls. There are at most, two leng lui's and that's it. TWO. The others are all so not pretty that it's amazing when i see guys ogling all over the girls. I was thinking to myself, you try to come to our school last year, and you'll drool with saliva that you'll die of dehydration.

Okok, i so have to continue next time, its getting too long and my head is pounding. There are so many more stories to tell you all. So can we all go out on tues? Its a public holiday and i have to go back on wed. RVSP asap.

Peace.

*will update later. Now wanna Zzzzz.

UPDATED one :

After that nice sleep on my soft, comfy, not hard-rock-like bed, the world seems a much better place. Anyway, back to NS. Let me talk more abt the people there la. Generally, the people are quite friendly but i'm telling you, its hard to hang with people from another race for the first few days because of that barrier. So mostly you gotta start hanging out with your own race, initially la anyway. And that is why cantonese/mandarin is VERY IMPORTANT. I think i spoke more mandarin in this whole week than i ever did in my entire life. And memandangkan my mandarin is very the cacat, sometimes when i don't understand what the f is going, i just go with the flow. They laugh, i laugh. They stone, i nod. Lol. Yeah, i know, sounds kinda sad.

But of course NS has it's plus side also la. One of them being I CAN FREAKING DO ABSEILING AND FLYING FOX. I always wanted to do ab-seiling, and i can't wait to do it wehh!!!!...another plus side is i get to meet alot of people, especially the people from sabah and sarawak. I have officially spoken to 4 people from different ethnic minority in Sabah/Sarawak. They have a different accent but it's really nice to converse with them. Another good thing abt Ns is apparently, there is a home-stay programme with the locals around my camp. It's like we get to go to their house and see their everyday life. Cool eh? But i'm not sure if Semenanjung people can do it, because they said something abt Sabahans and Sarawakians doing it only. But i kinda wanna do it. Home-stay ala Malaysia. Lol. Besides that, i think there is a jungle camping thing in which we will have to build our own tents and make our own food in the forest. That is another cool shit. Haha. But the first batch this year wont be touching the M16s (F F F F F F). I really wanted to do that. Sigh.

Hmm..what else what else...other tidbits include there is a saundry shop there that sells all sorts of things, and there is even a burger stall in camp in which we can buy Ramly burger if we don't want the canteen food. There is daily laundry service, but only for the uniforms they issued to us. Owh btw, there are 3 types of uniforms - baju sukan, baju kelas, and celoreng (the army type one). This means that there are 3 types of shoes too. The coolest one is the boots la, but there are kinda worn out because i think they recycle them from last year. Lol. Hmm..my Kem Komander is actually very nice, i like him. He speaks to us very nicely and he does alot of things to make sure that we are happy you know. He arranges one whole bus from Sepang all the way to Terrenganu and he has special meals prepared for vegertarians and those who are allergic to certain kind of foods. He also made a proposal to open a gerai makanan so that we can order what we want if we hate the canteen food and he made sure the lockers have an extra lock for safety purposes. He's really nice...i'm kinda happy i got my camp. Hehe.

Um, oh yeah, today when i woke up, when i was putting on my shoe, a frog jumped out of it. Lol.
The things you experience in Ns....

Anyway, RVSP for tuesday ok!!..I wanna see you alllllll..miss you all like gile. =)