Twelve + One: 8 weeks


Sunday, April 06, 2008

8 weeks

I dunno if any of you ever felt this before. I get like...sudden flashes from the past. As if it is some kinda premonition, but from the past.

Its not about any events or anything I once did, it's more of the sights and sounds i use to experience. Something like a deja vu, but im damn sure it has happened before.

for example, when i woke up this morning...u know the moment when u're awake but u haven't open your eyes, like you know ure in ure own room therefore u expect to see wat u normally will see, and this morning i had the image of my room back in KL in my head and when i opened my eyes -WTF where the hell am i...after 3 secs....oh im in uk.

The sky was very blue today, i was staring out my window. i love staring out the window. And suddenly i see that familiar image, the view i see when i stare out my kl window, the sights...the smell of the polluted air, and the sound from the auntie behind scolding her maid all came to me.

And when i walked into the kitchen, i saw my flatmate taking out some onions, that smell reminded me of the smell onions in ramli burgers, suddenly i was in front of the burger stall, hearing the ramli dude banging his spatula on the stove, smelling the world's best burger, feeling damn hungry.

I think this is called home sickness.

And yes, Malaysia is the best country in the world with the best people u'll ever meet.

While typing this i feel a sudden rush of warmness in my eyes.

8 more weeks people.

Ive left for 7 months already, it did past really quickly, but this 8 weeks seem to be reallllly long.

8 more weeks till i can actually feel sweaty again. 8 more weeks till i feel the sun burning my skin.

The phrase that i currently cherish the most - "welcome to kuala lumpur international airport. Selamat datang ke lapangan terbang antarabangsa kuala lumpur"

Now i understand why people get up and take their luggages before the seat belt sign is off after landing.

I will be one of them.