Twelve + One: Let's Boogie forsooth!


Monday, July 13, 2009

Let's Boogie forsooth!

Sorry this is coming in a bit late... Well, it actually depends on which country you're in. It's 20 minutes after Sunday night in New York - 12:20am on a Monday.

It's so encouraging to see more entries on the 12+1 blog this week than there have been in the past few years! Lol! :D I love hearing from you guys. Clever Abby! Much much love~ *Mwah!*

So what did I do this weekend? On Friday night, I am quite the sad to say that I think I got alcohol poisoning for the first time in my life! >.<" It was a friend's birthday and we went cheong kei and drank like crazy. During every bout of nausea, you know what popped into my mind? Michelle Lee's first time getting drunk at Sky Bar (or was it Luna Bar? It was some rooftop bar lah!) on New Year's Eve 2008! Shann, James, Winny and Billy were there too. I can't believe it was so long ago. I remember Miccy saying, "I don't know why people wanna get drunk... It's the worst feeling in the world!" My hangovers have always been manageable, but this time, I seriously thought I was dying. So now I totally understand what Miccy meant! I can't look at alcohol without feeling my stomach churn. Let's see how long that lasts.

Saturday was spent recuperating, but in the evening, I felt well enough to catch that new Johnny Depp movie with some friends. 'Public Enemies' sucks! Not one of Depp's best. Then we went for dinner at this quaint bar/restaurant called 'The Red Head,' followed by hookah in the Lower East Side. It was my first time at a place where they use fruits as a bong!

Today I watched 'Transformers II'... FINALLY. I'd heard bad reviews about it, but it was okay whaaat... I can't wait for the new Megan Fox movie where she's an evil high school cheerleader. Have you guys seen the trailer? That young actress from 'Mama Mia' is staring in it too. Looks good!

Back to work tomorrow! I've been looking for a new job aside from my internship at an arts & culture magazine, because it's an unpaid internship which only offers college credit. Some of you already know what happened to my previous job at this comic store: I friggin got fired! Well, not really... But my employer was a real A-hole. He asked me out and when I said I preferred to keep things professional, he started getting cold towards me. Then one day, he told me not to come for work because he wasn't opening the store. But I sensed something fishy, and asked my coworker if she was going in to work and she said, "Yeah, normal hours." So the mother cheebs indirectly let me go! @#$%! The job was paying really well and I got to take home free comics and dvds! :( But whatever lah, I don't want to work for someone with such lousy principles. On top of that, he was a huge racist... Not towards me, but towards African Americans, which made me feel as if I was betraying my black friends in a way. Should have brought Khaliy to work to tick him off! Nyaha!

FOONG MEI! Elmo girl! :o) I found this video on youtube of Natalie Portman and Elmo playing dress up and I obviously thought of you. The ending is the funniest.




Well, I guess that's it for now. Ttyl, peeps! :) I miss you guys...