Twelve + One: 6 Days in Taiwan! :D


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

6 Days in Taiwan! :D

While you guys were busy celebrating ‘Oliver’ & En's B'day, which I missed : ( I was busy celebrating ‘Taiwan!’ :D Oh and me was loving it lots! :D Everyone there was so nice and friendly, and gosh, u think it only happens in tvs because they are actresses, those girls being all slim and manja-ie, talking as though they are still 15 when in fact they are already 20, so that guys who drool over them would continue watching the show though it’s about as interesting as a documentary on cockroaches.. slim and manja-ie girls actually flooded all streets in Taiwan! May it be Taipei, Taichung, Taoyuan, Jiufen.. or anywhere else that I visited! *amazing*

Sadly though, the only close to cute guy was probably the one I saw modeling for some clothing's line in Sogo =/.. and those on posters???

I actually told my dad that and we had a ‘spot the non-slim girl’ competition while we were walking along one of the biggest night markets in Taiwan, ‘Shilin Night Market’. By the end of the night, we only managed to spot TWO. And trust me those two were not even fat! They were just plump.. around my size, or maybe slightly fatter? Makes me feel obese walking on those streets : ( *sighs*

Makes one feel fortunate to be living in Malaysia where people aren’t all anorexic (I’m just being bitter, they were nice slim kinda slim, but I’m not saying that.), or everyone would have probably forgotten my real name, due to everyone calling me ‘fatty’ way too much! O.0

Or maybe it would have been good motivation to lose weight.. *imagines steaming HOT Waynie, with Megan Fox’s buttocks and legs, Jessica Alba’s arms and abs.. lala hairstyle? LOL!* :p

My dad has been watching those food promoting programs on TVB the past few weeks to months, most of the time promoting food in Taiwan. Taiwan’s famous for their ‘siao che’(direct translation : small eat), those promoters praising pretty much each and every thing they ate, making watchers drools on their sofas anticipating the day they would be able to taste them with their very own taste buds. Guess the reason my Dad chose Taiwan as our holidaying spot? :p Winner gets an applause by me : ) hahaa

We joined a tour of which left on the 15th and reached Taiwan at dinner time. First stop was already a food area.

Here’s me Mummy, Daddy and Me, in Taoyuan’s Keelung Miaokou Night Market : )


...eating yummy yummy pork


...drinking yummy yummy crab soup : )


...and other yummy yums which i'm not posting cause it's taking way too long to upload pictures, not to mention i took around 600 pictures and it would be impossible to post them all up anyway :p

The next day we went to Yeh Liu Geopark, of which I enjoyed the scenery the most throughout the whole trip. It was not only beautiful but also unique! Aside from the blazing sun.. which made us all sweat like open running taps, though the sunshine did give some nice natural lighting for picture taking : )


tada~!


A rock in a shape of a shoe, there was also a rock in a shape of a turtle! Which is actually the bigger rock which this 'shoe' was resting on



The famous Chinese singer, Deng Li Jun (What's her english name again?), the one who sang "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" is burried on the island behind us.


A rock in the shape of a Queen's head! 30 years back when my dad visited this place, the 'queen's' neck was much thicker, due to the constant blowing wind, it has became thinner over the years. It is said that in years to come, this rock would eventually break. So take a good look at it while u can before she is beheaded!


The queen in her sheltered 'throne'/rock? :p


Oh yes, me and Mummy is very happy indeed. Wee~! : )))


Birdie Rock!


Dum de dum~ : )


Notice the amount of sweat on my dad's shirt, u don't wanna imagine how's it like at the back! That's how hot it was. My dad went back with a terrible sunburn on his neck. Thank god for long hair : )


And after that, it's food time again! :D

..on Jiu Fen Street.


Smelly smelly Tofu of which I quickly ran away after snapping the picture.. mind you there was a long que :/


Black Peanuts!


Mua Chis! When's our next outing? I'll bring a pack : )


Me & Daddy eating Snails..*slurp*


Pork in.. i dunno? Anyway it's famous.


Pork on rice. Taiwan's rices' are smaller, rounder and cuter than our normal rice. They like putting oil over it too, usually melted pork fat, which makes it smooth and slippery.. and absolutefreakinglicious! :D


Wrapped Poh Pia with Ice Cream and Chicken Floss. Interesting.


Noodles : )


We later checked in to our 2nd hotel in an area called Jiaoxi which is famous for their hotspring. They have nude hotsprings and swimming costume ones. But according to our tour guide, most people here prefer to soak nude, as with swimming costumes, the parts covered aren't able to get the effect of the hot spring. Our hotel's public hot spring was unfortunately.. nude : ( However, our room had a hot spring tub itself, how cool is that! :D Although jacuzzis, hydrotherapy bath and other functions were only available in the public hot spring in the hotel, who cares man! I'm so not goin in nude. I don't care if it's all females only! *covers*


Our room : ) Tatami beds for the night!


*smiles* : )


PANASLAH


Don't worry En, I didn't wet your book


That's the life la :)

Because the airconditioned on our bus kinda broke down halfway back to the hotel, our last stop for the day which was the Four Guitar Ford Temple was postponed to the next day.

the Four Guitar Ford Temple


In the Nougat Factory


The guards guarding Cihu's preserved body.. they are real people who aren't allowed to move. They don't even blink! Apparently a bright torch light of some sort was put in front of them during training, and they were to stare at it without blinking for an hour! They change guards every hour, with a assitant by their side to wipe their sweat. My tour leader was saying that she would salute those who managed to make them smile :p U're allowed to do anything you want to them so long as you don't touch them. Of which they would bang their guns so hard on the ground, you'd jump out of your skin. My tour leader actually kena-ed before :p ahahha


We went to the Ta Shee Blooming Oasis and Ta Shee Ancient Street before reaching our final destinatoin for the day and bed for the night, in Miaoli Flying Cow Ranch!

Me is milking the cow : ).. her milk squirted on my feet! : (


.. and feeding goats : )



Oh don't worry, I didn't end up sleeping in a barn : ) Got flat screen also ok this farm, don't pray pray man! Here are my very happy parents, who were initially dreading dirty farm houses :p


Milk Steamboat


Me making butter! *Shake Shake*




Off to Sun Moon Lake for the boat ride : )


A stool of My zodiac! :D.. OUR zodiac ; )


Wen Wu Temple. *pray pray*


Mao Wang Ye Lingzhi Residence Centre. Apparently these people
were Malaysians who floated to China. Their dialeg has words which are similar to our Bahasa Malaysia.


We ended our night in Feng Jia Night market which my dad found these slippers rather interesting :p



And that ends my 4th day in Taiwan : ) As for the other 2 days, I shall write about it and upload pictures some other time.. the pictures are taking FOREVER to load, and my patience has about run out.

...That's why I don't blog =.=



Me likey Taiwan lots : )