Twelve + One: Celebrating Oliver.


Sunday, September 20, 2009

Celebrating Oliver.

So Oliver came back and he even started an event on FB making sure we all got it and will attend. An event lasting a WHOLE day.

We started at Rakuzen in Chulan Square.
Below are the people who attended.

The place ain't bad. But then again I might be biased since I love Japanese food.

We then proceeded to jalan-jalan at Pavillion. We did stop at some Hong Kong Dessert Place- yes that is actually the name of the place- and have a drink and catch up.

Then came time for everyone to leave but me and Oli contemplated to stay since dinner is only 2 hours away and 5 minutes away (distance). BUT we followed Ding Shyong home instead!

His house is of course as massive as everyone said I'd be. It has an underground car park! Also, the place has more fish than New Zealand has sheep.

But my main attraction was Chester! No not Siang Loong. It's the adorable 3 month old poodle!

Oli and Chester.

A better one...

Shannon and Chester.

Chester in between my legs...

... and was totally smitten...
of course!

He is JUST SO CUTE!


We tried cw-ing with him. Like a happy family...

But we cared more on how WE look than where Chester was looking.

I miss Chester la! He is so 'kwai' but he likes gnawing on you- not painful but playful and ticklish.

Then Foong Mei joined us and drove us to El Cerdo in Changkat Bukit Bintang

Oli being the 'king of the day' needed TWO rinsing bowls.
We don't like that place very much.
The waitress came with the bowls and announed: This is for you to wash your fingers when you are done.

How patronizing? Like we were gonna gulp down the water because we are stupid, which we would have since they charge for water and REFUSE to give me tap water even!


Moving along, we had some ribs- damn nice ribs and this is Istee eating it.
Prior to dinner Istee had a total makeover day. She cut her hair and... wait for it...
THREADED HER EYEBROWS!
Yes, it's funny and it's an inside joke.


Since they refuse to give us water- even when FM asked for water for her tea because it's too sweet, they REFUSED! They say they could bring us ice tho. Which they only did after I asked TWICE! They brought a bucket of ice (how generous) that's when we worry if they'd charge for it too!

Oli took this second picture because he thought I looked fat in the first one. Then he shut up when he realized I AM that fat. BTW, it's me sucking on ice- because they DON'T SERVE WATER!


Moving on, the PIG CAME! Half of a piglet. I actually felt kesian since I befriended a baby wild boar recently which died that same week...

The German waitress that explained the Spanish custom of cutting the piglet with plates and then breaking the plates.

Oli cutting the piglet- only apt since he is paying for it...

There's a video but I shall try to upload it another time. It's one of Oli smashing the plate into a bucket. Before doing so, you need to make a wish- love or money only. Oli chose LOVE! Aww...

We also had seafood paella.


That's our entire dinner sans ribs- we gulfed it down...
I ate very little pig tho but the skin was superb.

After dinner, FM offered to send us back, so sweet kan?
Since we all know I stay in Sentul, we passed by school!

Yes, we got a bit nostalgic towards the end of the night.
Sigh... High School... WMS... GOOD TIMES BABY!
GOOD TIMES...